Search

.

Content

Thursday, December 13, 2012

The start

I can recall, the first few items which I only know how to make/bake. I probably can count them using my fingers. lol

Instant noodles
Egg
Chocolate chip cookies


Yes yes, I know how to open the can using the can opener. I know how to use the rice cooker to cook rice. I know how much water should put to cook the rice. The rest is just look see, think know, but never really had the chance to execute as I was quite sheltered and we didn't have our own place :p

I have been helping out in my in-law's canteen stall and learnt  a few 'kitchen' skills. Well, I probably wasn't much of a help, but I think I was good company. keke

Food is so convenient in Singapore and is not very expensive. It really depends what you choose to eat. There are cheap food around if you want. Although quality has dropped, and prices have slightly rose a bit, it is still affordable I guess.

Now, life in Australia is different. Food is expensive. It isn't as convenient to go and buy food for lunch / dinner. You need to cook! You need to go grocery shopping. Actually, all this is quite fun. End of the day, you need to look after your family and cook healthy food, instead of eating outside. So, let's start cooking! :)

Cheerios

0 comments:

Post a Comment